Friday 5 February 2010

The G Word

I’m going to say it. I am. Right now, listen:


G- ger—geroni------.

Nope. I just can’t do it.


Now I don’t want anyone to think I’m predisposed to dislike Matt Smith – I’m actually pretty excited to see what he can bring to the stage, and how he’s going to manage running away from scary monsters wearing skinny jeans.

The thing is, David Tennant was a legend. There is a legion of fangirly admirers currently mourning his ‘death’, and throwing fits in the direction of his usurper. It’s a tough act for Matt Smith to follow.

And for that reason, I’m planning to be nice to him. At least, I’m going to wait until the new series starts before I begin to judge Number Eleven. I don’t want to compare him to David too much either, because he is [or at least, should be] a different character. Change is good, ja?


Right then. So far, so accepting. But then, just as all seemed well, I see the trailer for Series Five again, and hear, ringing through my ears, the deadly word: Geronimo.



AAAAAAH.


Will the new Doctor be searching through the universe for a chap called Jeremy to share this wonderful word with? Oh dear. Please, please, please let that not be a spoiler.

My issue with this most commanding catchphrase is, well, I’d generally associate it with jumping out of windows or falling off of cliffs. Perhaps the new Who will be pushing some monsters off of cliffs. Or, just maybe, he might be slightly clumsy. He might fall over a lot, in which case, I guess this prominent phrase is perfect.

Or, he might not.


Fear not, though, friends! All is not lost! For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

Anyway, I like the new logo. It’s sort of shiny.


No comments:

Post a Comment