Wednesday 10 February 2010

Hi :D

Firstly, I'd just like to mention this brilliant opportunity for me to express my usually incoherent babble about Doctor Who to people who actually care and not just to people who nod and calmly say, "Yes Tom. I know. It WAS good yes. I know. P*SS OFF!!!!".
Now I have that cleared I will attempt at making sense.

I can't put into words how excited I am about the new series. Of course I'll miss David Tennant incredibly! Who wont? But I'm definitely ready to start a clean slate, new doctor, new companion, new LOGO (WTF??), and best of all NEW ALIENS!!! ... Probably. Or they'll end up spewing some more rubbish about Daleks.

I dislike Daleks for 5 main reasons.
Number 1 - No matter how many times you kill the species, one always manages to survive and create a billion more. Once something is extinct, its extinct!!
Number 2 - They are extremely overrated. People act as if they are the scariest things since The Exorcist, but to be honest I've come across scarier cornflakes.
Number 3 - They look silly and impractical. What on earth is the need for all those hemispheres on their metal plate body. Why have all the silly laser beams? Just go and rust.
Number 4 - The doctor has easily destroyed hundreds of Daleks in the past. How on earth can't a whole race of Time Lords defeat them too???
Number 5 - Only old people remember the old daleks. This was back when people were scared of computers. No wonder they fled for cover behind sofa's at a metallic, moving lump. So then they try and modernize them a bit. 'Levitate'? Are you kidding me?

There we go.

I'll post more of my thoughts and opinions in time (and space)... that makes no sense but I can't seem to write 'time' without adding (and space) all the time. (and space). See.

:D

1 comment:

  1. There isn't a proper word for Dalek-phobia, which is rather sad. We need one.
    Capt. Jack thinks they are scary anyhow :)

    ReplyDelete