Thursday 4 February 2010

Spoilers Make Nikki Cry

A Note: Don't worry. there are no spoilers in this post unless you didn't see the christmas specials. I'd never do that to you :)

So here I am. Sat in front of my computer with a bowl of cheerios, waiting for Torchwood to buffer (because I have finally been convinced to watch it). I am fantasising with Sophie about Joss Whedon writing an episode of Doctor Who. I am also facing a conundrum.
I should make it clear that I hate spoilers with a passion. I hate, despise and loathe them, and all those who supply them. So you can see the dilemma I face now, sitting here with the words 'doctor who 2010 series spoilers' typed into the Google search box.
For the sake of this blog, and for my own perverted interest, I am on a mission. Will the Master return under Stephen Moffat's reign? Who exactly was that woman that kept appearing to Wilf? (I know Russell T Davies said it was his mother, but he's not exactly been truthful before now!) Will Matt Smith's eleventh doctor SERIOUSLY be saying 'geronimo' all the time?! But mostly I just want to see John Simm back on my television screen. There's really only so many times you can watch Last of The Time Lords until you find yourself copying the Master's little dance routine around your living room. So here I am. Finger hovering over the 'enter' key. Here goes.

Ahhaahhaahhhrgh. I hate this. I'm reading with my eyes squinted, scan reading as fast as I can. Oops, I see something abour River Song, NOoooOOOooo I don't want to know these things!!

Two minutes later, I have chickened out.

Spoilers are still bad, still evil, still loathsome, and I know in my heart that they won't be bringing our favorite prime minister back for the third series in a row. We're probably due for a dalek or cyberman episode, if you ask me. I've heard rumours the stone angels will be appearing several times, so perhaps they'll be the season finale, giving weight to my patented 'thetimelordswillreturnandthemasterwillescapeandthecrazywomanwilldosomethingepic' theory. More on that later.

So there we have it. I'm a wimp, but I'm proud of it. Spoilers are BAD, kids, and if you post them on here you'll find your capacity to regenerate permanantly suspended!

Oh, and vote Saxon.

1 comment:

  1. I can't decide whether spoilers bring excitement or pain...it's like the strange people who read the end of a book first to see if it's going to be sad...I don't get those people :)

    ReplyDelete